DRI’s Annual Meeting
As you may know, our firm, Gallivan, White, & Boyd, P.A. is very, very active in DRI. John Cuttino of our Columbia office serves as its president. Jim Dedman, the editor of this blog, currently acts as the liaison of the Product Liability Committee to the Annual Meeting, which is taking place this week! It’s the upcoming Annual Meeting we discuss today.
We are very excited for the upcoming 2017 Annual Meeting, which takes place this week in Chicago on October 4-8, 2017. Rest assured that we have planned a fun dine-around for the Product Liability Committee on the evening of Wednesday, October 4 (more about which below)!
Plus, DRI has put together a phenomenal line-up of cutting-edge CLE presentations (up to 12.0 hours) and networking events. This year’s speakers and special guests, include:
• John O. Brennan, Former Director of the CIA
• Eric H. Holder, Jr., Former U.S. Attorney General
• Jeffrey R. Toobin, Senior Legal Analyst, CNN Worldwide, and Supreme Court Expert extraordinaire
• Sandra L. Phillips Rogers, Group Vice President, General Counsel and Chief Legal Officer, Toyota Motor North America, Inc.
The Product Liability Committee will have itsdine-around on the evening of Wednesday, October 4. For more details, please contact Jim Dedman at email@example.com.
The Product Liability Committee’s CLE and business meeting will take place on the afternoon of Thursday, October 5th. Here’s the information:
· Jeffrey A. Curran of GableGotwals and Kevin Schiferl of Frost Brown Todd, LLC will speak on “We’re Not in Kansas Anymore: The Challenges of Trying Cases in Unfamiliar Jurisdictions.” That program will take place on Thursday, October 5 from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. Following the program, we will have a brief Product Liability Committee business meeting to move our agenda forward for the coming year.
We hope to see you this week!